Clause155. - Foreign investment in Morocco
Following this clause, the foreign investment in Morocco means any transaction that constitutes a financial or a real asset in Morocco by legal foreign persons, natural foreign persons that are resident or non-resident as well as natural persons with Moroccan nationalities that live in Morocco.
When financed in foreign currency, these investments profit from a convertibility regime which guarantees the investors the complete freedom to:
- Transfer any income generated by these investments;
- Transfer the liquidation proceeds of their investments.
Foreign investment in Morocco can take the following forms:
- The Establishment of companies;
- Participating in the capital increase of a company;
- The establishment of a branch or a representation office;
- The acquisition of financial instruments;
- Supply the current account of partners in cash or trade receivables;
- Granting of loans;
- Acquisition of real estate or rights of use regarding these properties;
- The fulfillment of construction activities and / or real estate development;
- Term deposits to a bank.